New Zealand features some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. But, there’s more to a vacation than gorgeous settings. With that in mind, here are a few of the things you can see and do while in North Island New Zealand:
- Try their award winning wines – Sauvignon Blanc is made here, and tourists and residents alike contend that there isn’t another country in the world that makes a better Sauvignon Blanc than New Zealand.
- Indulge in the fresh local produce. Some say that the food here is better simply because they are so good at farm fresh to table in terms of cooking.
- Go sailing or watch a race. Located on North Island New Zealand is Auckland. This destination is referred to as the City of Sails. It’s said that one in four people will be sailing each weekend, and if you’re on vacation there, you will likely be one of the many on the water. No country has invested more into sailing as a sport than New Zealand. Therefore, it’s not surprising they are often the home of the Americas Cup races.
- Party on the Viaduct. The Viaduct is considered the place to be if you want to enjoy a night on the town as it’s known for parties and non-stop celebrations. There’s also some really good restaurants there if you’re in it for the food.
- Take in a festival. In January, there is the Auckland Seafood Festival where locals and tourists alike can come out and try a wide variety of dishes. August features a culinary festival called Wellington on a Plate where you can try a lot of great foods from many different vendors.
- Get adventurous. You can go ziplining or canopy touring in Rotorua, go mountain biking, or even go Zorbing. What is Zorbing you ask? Effectively, it’s a large inflatable ball you can literally crawl into and roll yourself around in.
- Head to the Waipoua Forest. This amazing forest is filled with Kauri trees. The most notable tree in the forest is the Tane Mahuta, the country’s largest Kauri tree, which is approximately 2,000 years old and still growing.
- Beach it on The Coromandel Peninsula or the Bay of Plenty. These are two hot spots that the locals like to go to when they are on vacation. In fact, this is where some of the most beautiful beaches imaginable are.
One beach you shouldn’t miss is the Hot Water Beach, and just as you would expect, it has hot water. You can dig large holes in the sand, and just sit in these as they fill with water creating a natural warm saltwater bath just for you.
- Get in touch with your Inner Hobbit. Head to Hobbiton, and you’ll instantly feel like you stepped into the movie.
- Go golfing in luxury at Cape Kidnappers. This golf course is one of the most stunning in the world. You won’t believe how gorgeous the grounds are!
Want to learn more about visiting North Island New Zealand? Call Ingenious Travel at 888.695.0321, today!