Now through September 2018, one of the Ingenious Travel partners is hosting a tour called The Nelson Mandela South Africa Experience. This tour features 9 days and 8 nights traveling through Cape Town, Johannesburg, Kruger National Park and Greater Kruger National Park. To learn more about this exciting tour, read on.
Who was Nelson Mandela?
Nelson Mandela, for those of you who don’t know, is considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest patriot of South Africa. He was a non-violent apartheid activist, and South Africa’s first black president.
Mandela won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993. He was also imprisoned for 27 years for political offenses including his non-violent defiance of against the South African government and its racist policies. He is considered one of the greatest symbols of peace, and one of the best advocates for civil rights worldwide.
The highlights of the trip:
While on The Nelson Mandela South Africa Experience you’ll enjoy:
- Visits to the Apartheid Museum
- A stop in Soweto
- A ferry ride to Robben Island
- Witnessing the actual cell where Mandela was imprisoned
- Multiple game drives throughout the Kruger region and more
What’s included with your trip:
- Meet, greet and all transfers
- Two nights at African Pride Melrose Arch, Standard Room with breakfast
- Scheduled Full Day Journey to Freedom Tour – Departs Tue, Thu, Sat and Sun
- Private Return transfers between Cape Town International Airport and Cape Town
- Three nights at The Portswood Hotel, Cape Town, Standard Room with breakfast
- Scheduled Full Day Walk to Freedom Tour – Including Robben Island Trip
- Three nights at Kapama Private Game Reserve – Southern Camp, Suite or Buffalo Camp, Luxury Tent with all meals, & two game drives daily
The itinerary for the getaway*:
Day One : Johannesburg
On arrival at Johannesburg International Airport, you will be met and transferred to your accommodation for the following two nights.
Day Two : Johannesburg
Full day Journey to Freedom tour of the Apartheid Museum and Soweto. This incredible day will impart knowledge and understanding of the apartheid movement and Nelson Mandela’s incredible life.
Day Three : Cape Town
You will be transferred to Johannesburg Airport for your flight to Cape Town (own expense). On arrival in Cape Town you will be transferred to your hotel for the following three nights.
Day Four : Cape Town
Full day tour of District Six and Robben Island including a look inside Nelson Mandela’s cell. Robben Island tour is guided by a former political prisoner.
Day Five : Cape Town
Day at leisure to enjoy exploring on your own or on an optional tour to the Cape of Good Hope, the Winelands or any number of other possibilities.
Day Six : Kruger
You will be transferred to Cape Town Airport for your flight to Kruger Hoedspruit (own expense). On arrival in Hoedspruit you will be transferred to your game lodge or camp for the following three nights. Your first game drive will be this afternoon.
Days Seven & Eight : Kruger
Morning and afternoon game drives. Optional touring during the day.
Day Nine : Depart
You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight.
Book now. Space and time are limited!
Pricing begins at just $2,439 per person based on double occupancy*. These tours will sell out. Therefore, if you’re interested in joining one of them, call Ingenious Travel at 888.695.0321. And, if this tour doesn’t interest you, but you’d like to know more about other South African escapes, let us know. There are several itineraries available to choose from in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Kruger and more.
* pricing, routes, and itineraries are subject to change based on availability