River cruises have grown significantly in popularity in recent years. One big reason is because they are more intimate than large cruise lines can offer. Another is that the ships are smaller so they can visit ports the bigger ships can’t quite dock at.
If you have been considering trying a river cruise, perhaps the fact that Adventures by Disney is offering exciting cruise vacations will inspire you to cast aside your landlubbing ways and hit the waters for a new kind of journey. One of the cruise itineraries Adventures by Disney offers is via the River Seine. Read onto learn more about this 10-day/9-night experience that will help you discover the true essence of many things that France has to offer.
On this Adventure by Disney vacation, you’ll sail 7-nights along the Seine River after spending two nights in Paris. Your journey will begin and end in the city of lights with several exciting excursions along the way.
- Cruise departure: You’ll fly into Charles de Gaulle Airport where you’ll be transported to Paris, France – the city the cruise will ultimately depart from. Upon arrival you’ll check into the Hilton Paris Opera and enjoy a welcome reception and dinner at the hotel. The next day you’ll enjoy:
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Morning activities at the Louvre or Notre Dame Cathedral
- Lunch at a Parisian brasserie
- Afternoon activities of a wine tasting, a food walking tour or a fashion walking tour
- A visit to the Eiffel Tower and
- Dinner on your own
Day 3 will feature additional sightseeing in Paris before the cruise departs for the seven night journey on the Seine River.
- On-board cruise experience: You’ll enjoy 7 nights aboard the stunning AmaLyra river cruise boat. This 144-passenger boat features spacious staterooms that come with complimentary in-room entertainment, a sauna, whirlpool, massage and hair salon, a stylish lounge, a fitness center, a specialty coffee station, and more.
- Cruise arrival: On day 10 your cruise boat will return to Paris, France. From here you can either depart the same day from Charles de Gaulle Airport, or stick around another day or two to explore France some more. Be sure to ask Ingenious Travel about late departure activities and accommodations, attractions and dining reservations should you decide you would like to explore other cities in France before your flight home.
What’s included in your all-inclusive cruise:
– your accommodations
– daily excursions
– 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 8 dinners
– unlimited local wine, beer, and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on-board
– select meals off the ship for added experiences with regional cuisine
– a cocktail reception, special welcome dinner, and Captain’s Gala Dinner
– all entertainment on-board the ship such as a nightly piano lounge, baking class for kids, karaoke nights and more
– complimentary bicycle rentals at each port
– bottled water in all state rooms replenished daily and
- Paris Icons Experience the grandeur of Paris at the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum and Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Epicurean Delights Tantalize your taste buds with local flavors from restaurants, cafés, chocolatiers and epicurean boutiques.
- Monet’s House and Gardens Step into a world of Monet’s inspiration where kids can try painting their own masterpiece.
- Normandy’s Omaha Beach Visit the beaches of Normandy and pay homage to the heroes of the D-Day invasion.
- Honfleur Visit Delight in the beauty of this picturesque port town which has been a longtime favorite subject for artists.
- Cliffs of Étretat Marvel at the chalk cliffs and natural arches of the Étretat Chalk Complex overlooking the English Channel.
- French Castles & Ruins Explore the grandeur of Chateau de Bizy and other examples of French style and extravagance.
- Tree Climbing Park Go to new heights as you traverse these ropes courses high in the treetops of Rouen.
- Apple Orchard & Calvados Tasting Visit a local Normandy orchard and savor the region’s famed sweet apple brandy.
Want to learn more about cruising the River Seine with Adventures by Disney, or one of their other itineraries? Call Ingenious Travel at 888.695.0321, today! And, stay tuned as we’ll be posting another Adventures by Disney cruise itinerary soon where we’ll explore the Rhine River.