Located in the South Pacific sits The Cook Islands. This stunning set of 15 islands are scattered across the area, and the largest island of the Cooks is . The Cook Islands are a fabulous place to consider escaping to in order to relax and refresh your body, mind and spirit. If you’re planning a visit to the Cooks, here are a few things you might want to do while there:
- Go scuba diving. You’ll quickly understand why this is considered one of the best places in the world to go scuba diving. The area is not overrun with tourists and commercialism, so you will enjoy the life under the sea in a mostly unspoiled environment.
- Hike through the Tropical Rainforest. The gorgeous terrain will put you up close and personal with the wildlife as you walk on nature’s green carpet.
- Travel around by scooter. You can rent a scooter and travel at your own pace, stopping when you want to see something new.
- Kayaking, paddleboarding and snorkeling. Oh my! There are plenty of watersports to choose from on these beachy islands.
- Visit the local markets. There are arts and crafts, food and other market vendors you can visit to see, touch and taste all the locals have to offer.
- Go on a guided tour. You can hop in a 4X4 and enjoy a tour of the islands complete with a guide that will tell you about the history and culture of the area.
- Dine on the beach. Many resorts will prepare an intimate dinner for two on the beach allowing you and your sweetie a romantic experience guaranteed to have you falling in love all over again.
- Get a massage. There are some truly luxurious spas to choose from offering a variety of services that will have you in a state of zen faster than you can imagine!
- Stay in a luxury villa. Many of them plant you directly on the beach, and some of them have a pool as well.
- Sunbathe on a secluded beach. There are several spots you can chill out under the sun without seeing very many people. It’s pretty easy to be in complete vacation mode when you are in an area that’s not overrun with too many tourists!
Ready to book your trip to The Cook Islands or learn more about the destination? Call Ingenious Travel at 888.695.0321 and we’ll help you plan the perfect getaway. Or, know someone thinking about visiting the South Pacific, please share.