Deciding on a destination for an adventure trip can be overwhelming. If you don’t even know where to begin, it makes it that much more difficult to come up with the perfect vacation for yourself and your travel companions. With that in mind, below are just three adventure trips for your consideration that might get the wheels in your head spinning, and help you figure out what a dream adventure trip would look like for you.
A Moroccan Holiday
Imagine immersing yourself in the culture of Morocco. You’ll enjoy things like bartering for leather goods in the medina of Marrakech, climbing the dunes of the Sahara Desert or trekking through the otherworldly beauty of the Atlas Mountains. Top sites in Morocco include:
- Fez – The intellectual and religious Center of Morocco. does has many mosques and medersas (theological colleges) including the 9th century Karouine University, whose architecture is very similar to that seen in Moorish Spain.
- Atlas Mountains – Perhaps the best place to trek here is the surprisingly fertile valleys of these rough mountains.
- Jebel Sahro – a mountain range perfect for winter trekking
- Marrakech – one of the ancient capitals of Morocco. The soul of Marrakech is the “Djemaa el Fna” square – acrobats, story tellers, snake charmers, boxing matches and food stalls provide the main draw for the population of this great city, and provides a great place to people watch.
- Mount Toubkal – Located in the High Atlas Mountains, Mt. Toubkal is the highest mountain in North Africa and stands more than 13,000 feet above sea level.
- Sahara Desert – the spot to be if you ever dreamed of riding a camel along sandy plains that feel like they go on for an eternity