I finally saw The Avengers over the weekend…talk about a fast-paced, action packed movie! (Definitely a 2-thumbs up movie, especially if you’re a sci-fi/comic geek like me.) While talking with friends about the movie, I started thinking about various movies where New York has City has been pretty much destroyed.
The top-five movies that come to mind are:
- Ghostbusters (1984) – can’t help but love the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and his destructive gooiness
- Armageddon (1998) – interesting theory since the news reports asteroids are always heading for Earth
- The Day After Tomorrow (2004) – here climate change is the culprit
- Independence Day (1996) – aliens abound and are trying to take us over
- Deep Impact (1998) – a mega-tsunami hits the East Coast after a comet hits Earth
After visiting New York City last summer, I began to wonder what New York City would be like missing all those iconic landmarks. We’ve seen the aftermath of 9-11, but can you imagine what the landscape would look like if it were missing the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Station, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, etc.?
When was your last visit to NYC? Be sure to visit before some other “alien force” comes to visit us and again destroys the “city that never sleeps.” Let Ingenious Travel plan your New York adventure before it’s too late!
What is your favorite “destroy” New York City movie?